The Retreat House in Pleshey has a very special atmosphere. There has been a place of prayer on this site for over 100 years and in the village of Pleshey for over 600 years. The air is charged with the words of Psalm 46,
‘Be still and know that I am God.’
As well as beautiful gardens that you can sit and relax in whilst staying here, the facilities we are able to offer include;
The Retreat House
- 20 bedrooms (12 ensuite and 8 standard)
- (Including 1 twin and 19 single rooms of which the ground-floor room is suitable for wheelchair users and others with limited mobility.)
- Spacious Lounge – seating 16/17 people
- LibraryDining Room – seating up to 30 people
- A meeting room accommodating up to 15 people.
- 5 ensuite bedrooms (1 double and 4 single rooms)
- Fitted kitchen with dining area
- 2 bedrooms (1 double and 1 twin room)
- Dining Room
- Fitted kitchen
(The Gatehouse and Parsonage Cottage can be hired as self-catering facilities)
Evelyn Underhill Room
- A meeting room comfortably accommodating 30 people.
- Small kitchen with microwave, fridge and dishwasher.
- Audio-visual equipment is available on request.
All of the above are available to hire separately or collectively.
We offer a regular programme of retreats, and welcome groups and individuals for private retreats. Please explore our site to find out more. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you would like any further information or to make a booking. We look forward to seeing you in the near future!